DHS Course Overview
Employees working with hazardous materials need proper DOT HAZMAT safety training to know and apply regulations that prevent mishandling of potentially dangerous materials. In our DOT HAZMAT training course, students will study the Hazardous Materials Table to learn about different types of HAZMAT and safety regulations.
Students who complete the course should have a thorough knowledge of the following topics:
- HAZMAT classifications, marking and labeling.
- Transportation details like shipping papers and packaging.
- Carrier requirements for highway, air and rail transportation.
- Emergency response techniques and incident reporting.
- HAZMAT employee training.
At the end of the course, you will be required to take a comprehensive exam to demonstrate your knowledge. You’ll have two opportunities to pass the test with a score of 80% or better to receive your DOT Hazmat Specialist certificate.
Our DHS course takes approximately 13 hours to complete depending on your existing knowledge. This course is IACET-accredited, so students will earn 1.3 continuing education units (CEUs) for finishing, which will be reflected on their certificate.