CDS Course Overview
Our crane, derrick and hoist safety course gives students a thorough understanding of the risks of using this equipment on worksites and the precautions to take. Students will learn to identify potential hazards and conform to OSHA safety standards, gain a comprehensive knowledge of the machinery, and learn more about the roles of employees and employers in ensuring crane safety.
Other topics covered by this CDS course include:
- Various types of equipment inspections.
- Safety precautions with wire rope and power lines.
- Safety requirements for assembly, disassembly, ground conditions and crane operation.
- Safe practices for hoisting personnel and equipment.
- Necessary training for personnel involved with crane operation.
Upon completion of this crane safety training course, you will be required to take a comprehensive exam to prove your knowledge. You have two opportunities to score 80% or higher to receive your Crane Derrick Safety Specialist designation and certificate.
This course is estimated to take about 13 hours to complete, depending on your existing knowledge. NASP is IACET-accredited and will award students 1.3 continuing education units (CEUs) when they complete this course.