Why Is Ergonomics So Misunderstood?
Ergonomics seems to be among the most misunderstood concepts to many safety professionals, so often, it gets overlooked when inundated with other safety regulations. Do you find yourself asking these questions?
- Since no OSHA regulation requires it, where do I turn for information?
- Do I even need an Ergonomics Prevention Program, and if so, what does that consist of?
- How do I change workstations to better suit employees of different shapes and sizes?
- Do stretching programs actually work? What about job rotation?
- Aren’t strains and sprains inevitable to an aging workforce?
- How do I identify workplace stressors, and what should I train my employees to look for?
- How do I manage my employee’s back-to-work routine if I have an ergonomic injury?
As THE LEADING CAUSE of workplace injuries, you can’t afford to overlook this important topic. According to BLS, over 266,500 musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) were reported in 2019 alone, and statistics indicate that up to half of the nation’s workforce may suffer from ergonomic injuries and illnesses throughout their career.
In our Ergonomics Specialist Course, we will answer these questions and more! You will learn how to battle the Ergonomic Epidemic that affects up to 19 million people in the United States alone. Taught by instructors with years of practical knowledge, this two-day course will provide you with the tools and resources necessary to identify ergonomic risk factors and reduce or eliminate them with an effective, proactive Ergonomics Protection Program.
To find out more about this course and register now click here.