Turkey Frying Safety Tips
Since Thanksgiving preparations are well underway for most of us, NASP thought it would be a good idea to share some Turkey Frying Safety Tips
- Cook out in the open. DO NOT FRY INSIDE!
- Drinking and Frying don’t mix
- Keep children away
- Watch the temperature like a hawk (not a turkey)
- Don’t not fill oil above fill line.
- The bigger the bird, the less oil you need
- Lower the Turkey VERY slowly
- Wear your PPE
- Use a long utensil when lowering your turkey to avoid the heat
- Keep the propane tank as far away from burner as possible
- In case of fire, shut off gas immediately
- If fire occurs, do NOT use water to put it out