OSHA announces $1,222,156 in coronavirus violations
Since the start of the coronavirus pandemic through Oct. 8, 2020, the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has cited 85 establishments for violations relating to coronavirus, resulting in proposed penalties totaling $1,222,156.
And this may just be the start. Under the General Duty Clause, OSHA continues to flex its power as it pertains to the pandemic. How do you protect your company and its reputation? Enroll in NASP’s COVID-19 Infectious Disease Prevention Specialist (IDS) Course and learn how to:
- Complete an Infection Prevention Risk Assessment to assess and identify risks in the workplace
- Build and implement an Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response Plan (IDPR)
- Classify worker exposure to infectious disease
- Define job responsibilities as it relates to implementing and following infectious disease plan
- Develop risk reduction strategies to lower transmission rates of infectious disease in the workplace
- Communicate to, and train employees on, newly implemented infectious disease policies and procedures
Act before the end of October, and receive an additional 20% off of the standard tuition rate of only $195. Use coupon code 20YEARS20 and apply at checkout.
We also have a COVID-19 course specifically for the meat-processing industry. Click here to see details and use the same coupon code as above to save an additional 20%.