Certified Safety Manager (CSM):
This Safety Manager Certification is an indication to employers, potential employers, regulatory agencies, and the courts that you have the knowledge, skills, and abilities equivalent to a level of proficiency expected of a professional who is capable of working with little or no supervision while managing the safety programs, policies, and procedures common to business and industry.
Creating a safety culture in the workplace can be difficult. This course will provide the tools necessary to implement proper safety training and an effective safety program. Students will learn how to understand and interpret regulations, avoid civil and criminal liability, increase worker morale, reduce workers comp rates and most importantly, minimize or eliminate injuries in the workplace. The required amount of time to complete the course is dependent upon your knowledge of workplace safety, but we find that the average completion time is approximately 40 hours. You have up to six months to complete the course.
Our Certified Safety Manager (CSM) Certification will allow you to do the following:
- Study of primary workplace safety topics
- Information to qualify you as a safety expert and manager
- Learn training methodologies that change the way your employees work
- Save money by developing your own safety programs
- Avoid civil and criminal liability for accidents and injuries
- Determine proper interpretation and application of OSHA regulations
- Establish acceptable analysis and documentation of workplace hazards
- Manage workplace safety inspections and audits
- Investigate, analyze and document workplace accidents and root cause analysis
- Create and manage a successful safety culture using the latest behavior modification techniques
Certified Safety Manager (CSM)
THIS COURSE IS ALSO OFFERED IN A CLASSROOM STYLE FORMAT.
All NASP certifications are stand-alone certifications. However, NASP’s designations are designed to be achieved in a step by step building block process where each level achieved is a step toward the next higher level. You may purchase the highest level certification, and it will encompass the building blocks below it. The Certified Safety Manager is our foundational course and is the first step in beginning your professional level certifications.
The student will take a comprehensive online exam for this course. You must score 80% to receive certification. You have two opportunities to pass each exam.
A refresher course and exam will be required every three (3) years. The cost of this recertification is $395.
Authorization of the CSM:
The Certified Safety Manager (CSM) may issue NASP certificates for the below listed courses. They may represent themselves as NASP Certified Trainers. They may use the NASP name and logo on their website and in other advertising, but they may not represent themselves as being NASP. CSMs may advertise themselves as an NASP Certified Trainer for any safety course they teach, whether or not it is on the following list, and issue their own certificates without the NASP name or logo. Details are found below. When issuing an NASP certificate or diploma, the CSM may teach the following courses:
- Safety Awareness Topics click here for list of topics
- NASP 10 hour Course for General Industry
- NASP 30 hour Course for General Industry
- NASP 10 hour Course for Construction
- NASP 30 hour Course for Construction
- Occupational Safety and Health Diploma – (any six of our Awareness Topics)
- Occupational Safety and Health Advanced Diploma – (any twelve of our Awareness Topics)
- Occupational Safety and Health Supervisor Diploma – (any eighteen of our Awareness Topics)
Note: If a CSM wishes to issue NASP/IASP Certificates and Cards, there will be a processing fee for each student taking a course. Click visit the Trainer’s Resource page for details of pricing structure.