Chlorine Leak at Dow
A fire and chlorine leak led to an order for residents in parts of Iberville, Louisiana to shelter in place Monday evening. That shelter in place order was lifted, and the all-clear given, just after midnight.
Dow Louisiana Operations released a statement that said employees properly carried out emergency precautions and that emergency response teams “immediately engaged” to assist in containing the spill.
This incident is just another reminder as to the importance of HAZWOPER training. Click here, to join us in Houston on September 26th through the 30th to take part in our HAZWOPER Train-the-Trainer class.
Purchase Our HAZWOPER Train-The-Trainer Course