Job Title:Safety Manager
Company:Rock Solid Stabilization & Reclamation, Inc.
Location: Genoa City, WI
Looking for an “Experienced Safety Manager” for a fast-growing specialty contractor in the heavy civil space of road and site work construction. We participate in a captive insurance program and want to grow and maintain our great safety record. We are in our second year of implementing the “SafeStart” program. This is an excellent opportunity to help us continue to develop our Safety Program and be the sole director of all safety-related matters at Rock Solid.
The Safety Manager is responsible for providing technical and regulatory support to Rock Solid, providing occupational safety and health compliance needs. Responsibilities include but are not limited to; performing comprehensive safety and DOT compliance audits, maintaining customized written compliance programs, helping to provide site-specific training, and conducting and documenting site safety inspections.
Fully Paid Health Insurance Premiums, 401K, and Annual Bonus Plan
- Perform site, shop, and yard safety audits and inspections, and complete comprehensive reports of findings including remediation/correction plans to ensure compliance
- Prepare detailed reports of findings using appropriate forms, diagrams, photos and narratives to provide a clear understanding of exposures
- Examine work sites to identify hazards in the workplace and look for sources of potential injury to those at or near location
- Prepare and conduct training classes
- Manage employee and supervisor accountability programs
- Ensure the organization is performing within OSHA and DOT regulations
- Manage OSHA and DOT records for compliance
- Develop written reports, programs, management systems, emergency management planning, hazardous material and safety training programs
- Manage and / or administer drug testing for pre-hire, DOT compliance, and post-accident investigations
- Communicate with management on existing and new regulatory issues, trends and initiatives
- Collaborate with project management to ensure project safety goals are met
- Perform accident and injury investigations to identify safety violations and determine how to correct safety problems
- Manage insurance claims related to accidents and injuries
- Help predict problems by calculating risks and examining data from safety records, as well as industry data
- Manage EMR and communicate the organization’s safety processes and programs with insurance providers
- Manage administrative programs and 3rd party compliance auditing websites
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational or Industrial Safety or equivalent experience preferred.
- Safety degree and/or Certified Safety Professional
- 5+ years of experience in a construction environment is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Ideal candidates excel in team environments, are service orientated, and have a willingness to learn and take direction from others.
- Knowledge of OSHA and DOT regulations
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Fast-paced, multiple-task environment requiring strong organizational skills and sound decision making. Work environment includes outdoor job sites year-round, industrial shop and equipment yard, and indoor offices. Work requires the ability to climb ladders and stand and walk for prolonged periods of time. Work will require some overnight travel.
- Communicate in writing and verbally in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Perform work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Sit/stand for extended periods of time in work area
- Walk and stand for prolonged periods of time
- Climb ladders and stairs to access work areas
- Grasp objects using your fingers (fine motor skills)
- Lift and carry objects up to 40 pounds
$90,000 +/- based on experience, Health Insurance, 401K, Structured Bonus Plan
About Rock Solid Stabilization & Reclamation, Inc.
We are a fast-growing organization focused on building and recycling our country’s infrastructure in a sustainable, and environmentally friendly manner. Rock Solid is one of the largest specialty contractors performing soil stabilization and road reclamation in the United States. We have maintained over 10% growth annually for the last 10 years by providing exceptional customer service to private and public sector clients while leading the way and setting the standards for the pavement preservation and soil stabilization industries. The science of sustainable reconstruction continues to evolve and proves to be cheaper, faster, stronger, and more friendly to the environment than conventional techniques. Join us for a Rock Solid future in a growing industry.
Please go to https://wizehire.com/job/construction-safety-manager-in-genoa-city-wi-6b537196b1bbd813 to complete the application process.