Job Title:Environmental Health and Safety Manager
Company:Oatey Supply Chain, Inc.
Location: North Las Vegas, Nevada
Oatey is well known for being a great place to work, family-oriented, and customer-focused. We’re more than a company – we’re a family! Are you interested in opportunities to learn and grow? Join our team!
Oatey is a diversified plumbing manufacturing company that encompasses chemical manufacturing, injection molding, metal stamping operations, plating operations and supply chain services. The EHS Manager is responsible for the leadership and development of Local Environmental, Health, Safety, and Security (EHS&S) processes, in coordination with the Corporate EHS&S Policies and directives. This position is responsible for identifying applicable environmental regulations and risks while interacting with Operations, Planning, Legal, Engineering, and EHS Corporate to implement acceptable systems in order to ensure compliance and conformance to EHS Policies and Management Systems.
- Lead the operations safety initiative by providing ongoing training, measuring, and reporting safety within all governmental and regulatory compliance to enhance safety awareness and reduce the frequency of accidents/injuries. Interacts with all levels of the organization and maintains a strong presence in the production areas to create and uphold a positive safety and environmental work environment.
- Develop, implement, administer, and maintain EHS&S programs, provides training and determines competency of trainees in according with Company and regulatory requirements. Assures that all applicable record-keeping meets the legal requirements and established policies.
- Lead creation of Site-specific EHS&S goals in support of corporate, initiatives designed to drive EHS&S culture, compliance, and results. Reviews EHS trends and takes direct action to effectively drive continual improvement projects and develops regular communications tools to support the EHS culture at the location.
- Manage completion of site and workstation-level Risk assessments to identify and prioritize EHS&S aspects and leads activities to ensure that key EHS&S operational controls are in place to ensure the EHS&S action items are resolved in a timely manner.
- Advise management and staff on the practical and necessary steps to assure processes and equipment meet the standards set forth by the law and minimize risks to fellow employees, the public or the environment.
- Conduct regular inspections on PPE, Environmental, and physical condition of the facility, equipment, and security systems to identify defects EHS&S processes and suggest opportunities for improvement.
- Perform timely investigations of accidents, identification of root cause and rapid correction of contributing factors with documented closure. Provides support in auditing of environmental activities and the management of waste materials.
- Administer the location prescription eyewear, safety shoe and uniform program as well as planning, organizing, pricing, and overseeing EHS&S special projects as deemed necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
*Essential Job Functions
Knowledge and Experience
1. Three (3) years of manufacturing experience developing, implementing and leading environmental, health, safety, process safety management, and security programs. The ideal candidate will have experience with developing written policy, procedures and training material, facilitating training sessions, data collection, analysis, interpreting and reporting.
- In-depth emotional intelligence: behavioral maturity, demonstrated trust and integrity, high ethical standards, interpersonal competence and the ability to prevent, reduce and resolve conflict.
- Demonstrated team and individual leadership skills: decision-making, goal-setting, problem-solving, negotiating, analytical, team-building, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and generate results in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to collect, evaluate, understand, synthesize, interpret data, report results and make recommendations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of OSHA, EPA, etc. regulations, laws, standards, and practices.
- Proven ability to design, implement, and administer.
- Basis knowledge of MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- A well-organized individual who can relate to management, line workers, government officials, customers, and visitors.
- A strategic individual with good judgment and strong ethical standards.
- Demonstrated ability of plan and manage multiple priorities/projects while generating results and De meeting deadlines.
- Written and oral communications skills; presentation and demonstrated training skills.
- Experience in Lean manufacturing and concepts such as Kaizen, Six Sigma etc.
Education and Certification:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited institution in an EHS related field or equivalent work experience in lieu of a degree.
- Three (3) years experiencing managing environmental, occupational health and safety programs within a manufacturing environment.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Certified Hazardous Material Manager (CHMM).
Apply to position on website: www.oatey.com