Job Title:EH&S Manager
Location: Valencia, California
TA Aerospace welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products principally for the aerospace and defense markets. TA Aerospace, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The TransDigm Group, is a leading diversified manufacturer of highly engineered, organic, and in-organic elastomer based products.
The EH&S Manager is responsible for championing all aspects of environmental programs, employee health and safety and for developing, planning, establishing, implementing, and maintaining all health, safety and environmental programs to assure regulatory compliance as well as the highest possible degree of safety for our employees and the environment.
- Environmental Management System owner. Maintain associated manuals and procedures for ISO14001 compliance. Monitor and report progress of ongoing environmental initiatives. Host recertification audits.
- Lead environmental and safety compliance initiatives to ensure the site is poised and prepared for regulatory audits and inspections at all times. Interface with regulatory authorities before, during, and after audits and inspections. Primary point of contact for all EH&S related audit functions.
- Champion site safety programs. Manage and lead all facets of established and new programs including audits, incentive programs, scheduled employee health assessments, mandatory PPE programs, recurring safety training and new hire safety orientation.
- Review and improve safety standards and guidelines throughout the facility.
- Assist managers in the development and effective execution of training in worksite safety practices, fire prevention, correct ergonomics, and safe machine operation.
- Chair and conduct monthly safety committee meetings and the monthly Joint Labor & Manager Committee (JLMC) focused on safety.
- Oversee incident/accident reporting and lead investigations for incident/accidents and ensure timely completion of Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA).
- Conduct Risk Assessments (PHA, Haz Ops, What If’s) and Job Hazard Analysis for existing and new equipment, processes and conditions. Detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determine corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follow up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Develop and monitor EH&S driver measures and critical performance indicators. Develop and maintain EH&S data base.
- Provide advice and counsel on EH&S issues to the President and Senior Staff.
- Maintain EH&S safety files and records.
- Broad understanding of federal, state and local regulations and ability to translate concerns into a risk assessment and/or an effective action plan. Experienced working with regulatory agencies such as DOE, DOT, AQMD, EPA, and Cal/OSHA.
- Thorough knowledge of HAZMAT, Environmental Hazards, Electrical Safety, Lockout Tag out, Machine Guarding, Personal Protective Equipment, Emergency Management, Fire Protection/Prevention, Exit Routes & Emergency plans, Forklift Safety, OSHA Recordkeeping, Workplace Violence Prevention, Behavior Based Safety, Workplace Ergonomics, Accident Investigation, and Job Hazard Analysis.
- Strong leadership and results oriented; able to manage conflict, influence without authority and assume responsibility.
- Experienced in developing strategies and making recommendations to minimize risk to our workforce.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to document programs, reports, and policies. Ability to present to groups, train employees, and lead meetings.
- Prior experience in process improvement/LEAN/Six Sigma is a plus
- Must be able to work effectively with minimal supervision and multitask to manage routine tasks in addition to special projects.
- Excellent responsiveness and customer focus in a fast-paced environment
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Occupational Safety or similar field of study
- 5+ years of EH&S experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in Aerospace.
- Requires experience managing the Environmental / EH&S function
- OSHA General Industry Certification, Safety Professional credentials (CSP, CMIOSH, ASP, GSP, CIH). CPR, and First Aid Certifications preferred
Contact Info: Learn more about TA Aerospace and apply online at: http://www.taaerospace.com/company/careers/