Upgrading to a Certified Safety Director (CSD)
*Upgrade from a CSM for $2400.00
(When upgrading from a CSM, our system should automatically calculate your upgrade pricing. If, however, it does not, you may contact us by email or phone at 1-800-922-2219 to receive the special pricing.)
Certified Safety Director (CSD) Overview:
The NASP Certification “Certified Safety Director” (CSD) indicates a high level of proficiency and is one of the highest levels of certification in the industry. Certified Safety Director level is an indication of a level of proficiency expected of a safety professional who is capable of developing and managing a comprehensive facility-wide or corporate safety program. The required amount of time to complete the course is dependent upon your knowledge of workplace safety, but we find that the average completion time is approximately 184 hours. You have up to six months to complete the course.
Our Certified Safety Director (CSD) Certification Course will allow you to do the following:
- Develop advanced workplace safety management techniques
- Discover a brand new perspective of safety that will empower you
- Perform as a safety expert, manager and administrator
- Learn training methodologies that change the way your employees work
- Avoid civil and criminal liability for accidents and injuries
- Determine proper interpretation and application of OSHA regulations
- Establish acceptable analysis and documentation of workplace hazards
- Manage workplace safety inspections and audits
- Investigate, analyze and document workplace accidents and root cause analysis
- Create and manage a successful safety culture using the latest behavior modification techniques
- Develop, implement, and manage your own safety programs, saving your company money
- Learn requirements with OSHA compliance, workplace safety related EPA guidelines and relevant DOT regulations.
- Manage hazardous materials
- Learn techniques to prevent workplace violence
- Develop a proper response to emergencies and implement an emergency management program
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of workplace safety and how to manage it effectively at your facility, with emphasis on how to gain management commitment and employee involvement
Certified Safety Director (CSD)
All NASP certifications are stand-alone certifications. However, NASP’s designations are designed to be achieved in a step by step building block process where each level achieved is a step toward the next higher level. You may purchase the highest level certification, and it will encompass the building blocks below it. If you have started at a lower level and are now trying to work towards a higher certification, please contact us for special pricing. Obtaining the CSD requires successful completion of the CSM plus the following nine areas of specialization.
- Understanding Workplace Safety (UWS)
- Training Methodology (TM)
- Job Hazard Analysis Specialist (JHA)
- Incident Investigation Specialist (IIS)
- Behavior-Based Safety Specialist (BBS)
- Emergency Management Specialist (SEM)
- Hazard Communication Specialist (HCS)
- HAZWOPER Specialist (HZS)
- Lockout Tagout Specialist (LTS)
- Environmental Specialist (ENS)
- Trenching and Excavation Specialist (TES)
The student will take a comprehensive online exam for each specialization course. You must score 80% to receive certification. You have two opportunities to pass each exam.
A refresher course and exam will be required every three (3) years. The cost of this recertification is $495.