Job Title:Safety Manager – West Coast
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Contact: Human Resources Department
Looking for a smart career choice? Superheat’s commitment to advancing heat treatment is in our people.
We are always looking for talented, innovative, and enthusiastic individuals to support the clients we serve and share our passion to continually push the industry.
This position is responsible for maintaining the EHS program in their assigned region. The Safety Manager will strive to influence the culture and direction of the Safety and Quality Programs, as well as continually working to improve overall safety and quality performance. The Safety Manager will work with field operations to ensure the implementation of and adherence to good safety practices, training, policies and procedures. They will be responsible for keeping safety programs, manuals, training, certifications and report systems up to date and in compliance with regulatory, legislative, customer and Superheat protocols.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage, promote and ensure compliance with internal company safety program
- Inspect Superheat shops and client jobsites to confirm compliance with safety and quality programs; implementing changes as required
- Manage customer specific safety programs.
- Assist with preparing and submitting all internal and external safety reports and statistics
- Practice good claims management
- Ensure completion of all required safety training for personnel in the assigned region
- Manage health and safety orientation and training programs for employees within assigned region
- Identify areas of potential risk and liability related to health and safety
- Initiate and conduct investigations on all incidents and submit completed reports
- Perform internal safety audits and address outstanding findings
- Respond to and provide information for customer audits
- Work with the Contracts Department to complete review of customer bid packages
- Liaise with external agencies such as the Department of Labor, Worker’s Compensation and other safety organizations based on direction from the ED, Workforce Management & Safety
- Ensure compliance with region specific OH&S Federal and State regulations
- Review current policies, practices and manuals to ensure the information they contain is up to date and accurate; implement changes as required
- Monitor new legislation as it relates to health and safety practices and standards; facilitate changes to company practices as necessary
- Provide guidance and information to management and employees regarding regionally specific issues as related to HSE programs and practices
- Continuously monitor Superheat’s safety trends and statistics; analyze the results and make suggestions for implement programs designed to improve company results and implement as approved
- Conduct and /or support the organization of training as required
- At least 3 years’ experience in a construction, nuclear, power plant or similar environment.
- Previous experience in a safety related role involving safety supervision in the field on an operational site.
- Recognized Safety Professional Certification an asset
- Post secondary education/certification in a related field
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to travel extensively (approximately 60%)
- Ability to acquire site access badging
- Weekly site visits depending on work scope and direction from Regional Managers along with Executive Director, Workforce Management and Safety
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of Federal regulations and State laws regarding safety and health compliance
- Possess an understanding of how to manage confidential information in a professional and sensitive manner.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Able to articulate safety objectives and corporate safety message
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Superheat will not discriminate in any of our employment practices based on race, religion, gender, gender identity, disability, national origin, age, or any other legally protected status. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process and upon hire.
Travel for this position is required.
Any information you provide in the course of your application to our company will not be shared with any person or agency outside of Superheat and will only be used as it pertains to possible employment here.
Apply here: https://globalus63.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-us/superheat/Posting/View/245