Job Title: Safety Supervisor
Company: Smithfield Foods
Location: Sioux Falls, South Dakota - USA
Apply Online: https://www.click2apply.net/6BMLkMsYyYQ8WSRWqcKVRo
A great job and a great future await you at Smithfield Foods. As the world’s largest pork processor and largest hog producer in the United States, we’re a $16 billion global food company with more than 55,000 employees. We’re looking for motivated people who want to join our team and grow lasting and meaningful careers with us.
Our team members receive industry-competitive salaries and are eligible for great benefits packages:
- Competitive Starting Pay
- Annual Bonus Earning Potential
- Earn up to 30% additional pay weekly with our Extended Work Week Compensation Program!*
- Comprehensive Health Insurance, Retirement Benefits and More
- Education benefit available to full- and part time Smithfield team members on their first day of employment.
*Program eligibilities apply
Looking to move? We will help! Ask about our Relocation Assistance packages! Benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Lump Sum payments
- Agents to help you sell/buy
- Lease Termination Assistance
- Moving of goods and vehicles
In addition, we offer opportunities for career growth, professional development, and tuition assistance.
Supports the site in the design, management, and implementation of our comprehensive Health and Safety programs and provides direction to all levels within the plant regarding appropriate Health and Safety practices. Plans, implements, evaluates and communicates safety initiatives that meet and exceed regulatory requirements.
- Creates, supports and implements strategies to establish and improve safety compliance.
- Supports site safety management systems.
- Educates employees in proper safety procedures, safe work practices and policies.
- Develops, evaluates and recommends process and equipment changes and improvements to maximize safety and improve environmental impacts of operations.
- Leads proactive effort in air monitoring to ensure compliance with standard practices.
- Ensures adherence to internal auditing schedules.
- Conducts root cause analyses and preventive/corrective action follow-up.
- Conducts job hazard analysis for ergonomic improvements and soft tissue injury prevention.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from an accredited four-year college or university in Safety Management or a related field and 2+ years relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Experience working with or knowledge of OSHA; food industry experience a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to anticipate needs, forecast conditions, set goals/standards and measure results.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with demonstrated multi-tasking and project management skills.
- May be required to work long hours and weekends.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.