Job Title:Corporate Safety Supervisor
Location: Sioux Falls, South Dakota, 57103 United States
To learn more and to apply, please click here.
The candidate will engage in an 18-to-24-month training assignment at one or more plant locations across Smithfield’s manufacturing operations. This role will keenly focus on leadership development, managerial skills refinement, and world-class safety program management. The goal of this role is to transition into a full-time safety leadership position within Smithfield Foods at the conclusion of the training period.
Safety & Management Advisor
• Engages plant partners at daily/weekly safety team meetings.
• Monitors safety and health team performance and makes recommendations for improvement.
• Acts as a liaison between team members and management staff to further site safety goals.
Safety & Risk Management Documentation & Training
• Conducts safety and risk management portion of employee orientation and training.
• Prepares written safety meeting documentation for supervisory use.
• Ensures written programs and policies and work practices are in compliance with applicable regulatory agencies.
• Ensures training materials are current and comply with OSHA requirements.
OSHA Compliance Sampling
• Collects industrial hygiene samples to ensure OSHA compliance as needed.
• Assists with sample interpretation and recommendations.
• Completes special projects and initiatives to work on independently and presents findings to the plant management and/or corporate management.
• Performs documented safety tours and reports findings to the facility management.
• Performs audits of written program compliance and team activities.
• Conducts inspections of facility equipment and processes for potential safety and health hazards.
• Identifies potential hazards to people, processes or property and recommends corrective action to facility management.
• Audits outside contractor activity.
• Supports safety programs to ensure Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) compliance.
• Analyzes statistical data from injury/illness/loss reports and applies appropriate risk management process controls.
Administrative Documentation and Organization
• Ensures training and documentation is maintained with applicable laws and regulations.
• Ensures supervisory personnel are aware of employee restrictions due to work-related injury or illness and that employees are working within those restrictions.
• Participates in accident investigation process.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in Safety Management or a related field and 2+ years relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
• Experience working with or knowledge of OSHA; food industry experience a plus.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
• Ability to anticipate needs, forecast conditions, set goals/standards and measure results.
• Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills with demonstrated multi-tasking and project management skills.
• May be required to work long hours and weekends.
• Must have the ability to complete required applicable forms in English, which requires the ability to read and write in English.
• Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
• Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/BzPDAeIADL2MRTMqRs7ZPR