Job Title:Safety Culture Director
Company:Minnesota Department of Transportation
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
$78,195 – $112,501 annually
This position is responsible for overall managerial direction and leadership to advance an enhanced and progressive safety culture throughout the department. Duties include:
- Providing department-wide oversight, implementation and development of safety culture innovations and tactics across functional groups, districts, and specialty offices within MnDOT.
- Developing, leading and implementing a statewide safety culture strategic plan across all business lines within the agency while working collaboratively and in partnership with the agency Safety Director and other safety professionals in the department to achieve safety outcomes.
- Serving as a member of the Operations Division management team and representing the department on matters related to advancing safety culture and is responsible for decisions and recommendations to Senior Leadership.
- Engaging all staff to understand their role and the department’s expectation for all employees to work safe.
WHY WORK FOR US
We offer excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Earn up to 29 paid vacation days a year
- Earn 13 days paid sick time
- Flexible work schedule (with approval)
- Defined pension plan
- Paid life insurance
- Short & long-term disability available
- Paid parental leave available
- Training opportunities
- And more!
We are driven to find talented, innovative employees for Minnesota’s nationally recognized transportation system. We work to build the best team in the transportation industry to ensure that MN thrives with a safe, sustainable and leading-edge transportation system. You will be surrounded by a diverse community of experts, each driven by challenging work and motivated by the greater good. You will understand the impact of the work you are doing and be able to see the benefit you are providing to the citizens of MN. You can set your sights high and use your strengths to grow within the organization. MnDOT offers superior benefits as well as a solid commitment to work-life balance, which provides you the tools to thrive both at work and outside of work.
Two (2) years of managerial experience OR three (3) years of professional level supervisory experience demonstrating experience and knowledge of state and federal regulations regarding safety and safety culture sufficient to improve and innovate safety culture at MnDOT.
Experience must also demonstrate:
- Ability to identify organizational safety issues and apply the appropriate solutions and resources.
- The ability to create informative and persuasive written reports and presentations for reporting on progress toward safety culture goals.
- Ability to effectively communicate, build coalitions, lead, and influence others to engage and carry out safety culture strategies and innovations.
- A broad understanding of the totality of MnDOT’s work and organization to effectively select and direct strategies where operational tactics are applied to various departmental program areas.
- Leadership skills sufficient to effectively facilitate meetings and bring groups and committees to productive and solutions-focused conclusions.
APPLY ONLINE BY 8/5/2021:
- Go to www.mn.gov/careers.
- Click “External Applicants”.
- On the Job Search, enter the Job Opening ID “47293” in the Keywords search box and click Search.
- Click on the Job Title to view the job posting.
- Click Apply.
- When prompted for your Referral Source, please list: Internet Job Board – NASP.
Only applicants received on mn.gov/careers will be considered.
CONTACT FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMAITON:
Lena Garcia, MnDOT Recruitment Specialist