Job Title: Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS) Manager.
Company: Reaxis Inc
Location: McDonald, Pennsylvania - USA
Apply Online: https://www.click2apply.net/YaVNgbIPmBDzVsm4gfn5a1
REPORTS TO: President
SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE: This position is responsible to ensure a safe and healthful working environment is maintained for all Reaxis employees (union and nonunion) and contractors in both our locations (McDonald, PA and UPARC, PA) while ensuring compliance to all federal, state, and local regulatory requirements, including ISO qualified procedures.
EEOC Code: 1.2
JOB STATUS: Full Time, Exempt
SUPERVISORY EXPERIENCE: This position has no direct reports
- Manages all aspects of Reaxis’ programs in the areas of regulatory compliance.
- Maintains Reaxis’ ISO 14001 registered Environmental Management System, as Management Representative, reports to the President
- Responsible for managing issues of global regulatory compliance such as REACH.
- Responsible for both Reaxis locations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compliance monitoring, recordkeeping, and reporting.
- Serve as Management Representative for the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System.
- Maintain permits and registrations.
- Interface with federal, state, and local regulators.
- Oversee a chemical management system which includes information resources and databases supporting such things as Safety Data Sheets, hazard warning labels and dangerous goods classifications. Ensure that we maintain the ability to react accordingly to global chemical control regulations (REACH, TSCA, DSL, etc.).
- Assist in activities involving regulatory compliance management.
- Prepare and conduct training.
- Conduct industrial hygiene.
- Be involved in Project Management of outside services.
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Willingness to follow, teach, and enforce various government policies, procedures and guidelines as deemed by the Company (e.g., ISO, DOT, etc.)
- Ability to lead by example and enforce teamwork amongst all levels of Reaxis (e.g., ability to build a healthy rapport with direct reports, coworkers, customers, etc. Show respect always and benevolence where necessary, etc.)
- Ability to provide, demonstrate, teach personal accountability/responsibility. (e.g., take personal ownership in the company’s success and accept full responsibility for oneself and contribution as a team member: ability to receive constructive criticism in a positive manner, etc.).
- Willingness to ABL (always be learning) and/or ABT (always be teaching).
- Perform other duties as assigned by Reaxis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline
- Hands-on individual with experience dealing with regulatory matters of air quality, water quality, waste management, DOT, and OSHA
- Ability to deal face to face with federal, state, and local regulators.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals from a broad range of backgrounds.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft 365 platform applications
- Demonstrable communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-motivated; able to operate with minimal oversight.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or EHS
- Previously worked in chemical manufacturing environment
- Experience managing large projects which require both administration and hands-on attention.
- Experience working in a union environment.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
- This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the core work hours of 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and must work 37.5 hours each week to maintain full-time status with the ability to work remotely once a week.
- This job operates in an Industrial and Administrative setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computer, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
- This job may also require the occasional use of testing equipment for such things as noise level sampling, air sampling, water sampling, and the like.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
- Skilled Equipment (Noise dosimeter, Liquid level reader, Temperature reader, VOC meter)
- Basic Office Equipment (Phone, Copier, Fax Machine, Printer, Laminator, Computer, etc.)
- This position requires 20% travel