Job Title: Environmental, Health, and Safety Supervisor
Location: Kenosha, Wisconsin - USA
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner
The Environmental, Health, and Safety Supervisor (or Safety and Training Supervisor) leads a strong safety-first culture of continuous improvement and inspires team members to prioritize their own safety. This position actively coordinates cross- functionally to ensure compliance of safety, training and environmental programs.
We are hiring for our offices in Wisconsin, California, and New Jersey.
- Help create and implement programs to support efforts towards an injury-free goal
- Support and perform risk assessments to identify potential safety hazards and recommend preventative solutions.
- Ensure compliance activities are being met for the site in conjunction with regulations
- Investigate incidents or accidents, facilitate root cause follow ups and make recommendations for improvements.
- Prepare and submit accident reports in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Drive behavioral safety programs and engage in continuous improvement efforts to evolve them
- Help lead Operational Excellence Safety pillar in coordination with EHS Director and Group EHS Leader
- Partner with Human Resources to incorporate employee health and well-being initiatives at the site
- Analyze data to institute changes to lead to a safer environment
- Supervise the creation and delivery of safety training programs educating employees on safe working practices, appropriate equipment operation, and emergency procedures
- Assess impact of training programs on organizational safety or accident rates, and suggest modifications to training curriculum as needed.
- Contribute towards evolving technical training programs for the plant through working with department leaders
- Help site maintain environmental compliance
- Preferred – 2 year/ Associate degree in EHS related field
- Bilingual Spanish Preferred
- Minimum – 4 years with EHS Manufacturing Responsibilities
- Working knowledge of OSHA compliance rules and guidelines
- Hands on leader with a high level of initiative
- Analytical ability
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and learning new systems
Looking for a Career for Good?
Puratos is a global purpose-driven company focused on bringing people together through food innovation for good. We offer a full range of innovative food ingredients and services for the bakery, patisserie, and chocolate sectors, serving artisans, retailers, industrial and food service companies in over 100 countries around the world. Our passion for innovation, pioneering spirit, and core values continue to propel our global ambitions. This coupled with our commitment to our communities is what makes working at Puratos so magical.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package, designed to promote a Happier, Healthier You. This includes:
- Insurance coverage beginning the first of the month—no extra waiting period to get started
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility including a fully vested matching contribution
- Receive over 5 weeks total of paid time off within your first year of service
- Free life coaches, convenient onsite health exams, 24/7 access to Registered Nurses
- Puratos-paid insurance coverage to protect you and your family including Life and Disability insurance
If you are a solution oriented and analytical thinker with a passion for leading and inspiring people, we invite you to experience the magic of being yourself and join us for “a career for good.”