Job Title:Safety Manager
Company:Pratt Industries, Rockwall
Location: Rockwall, Texas, USA
Please apply online of contact Hugo directly
POSITION: Safety Manager
REPORTS TO: General Manager
LOCATION: Rockwall, TX
Responsible for all company safety programming and training.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee and develop company safety programs.
- Investigate incidents, monitor medical care.
- Assist in conducting (leading) safety inspections, meetings, and training programs.
- Conduct new-hire safety orientation program.
- Assist the HR Manager in the hiring and interviewing of production personnel as related to safety requirements.
- Monitor light duty program: develop jobs, communicate with physician/doctor, etc.
- Complete and maintain all paperwork with regards to work-related incidents.
- Assist Controller in filing workers compensation insurance related information and obtaining quotes.
- Assist Purchasing Manager of purchasing safety equipment and systems.
- Maintain membership in applicable safety or environmental associations to stay informed of new developments and trends.
- Prepare legal notices, postings, and reports as required by government and regulatory bodies.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Two years of college
- Two years of experience in the safety and/or environmental field within a manufacturing environment.
- Clear, concise oral and written communication skills
Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
- BS degree in Safety/Environmental related field
- Experience in the Safety/Environmental field in the corrugated box industry
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, manuals, regulations, and codes. Ability to write business reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, employees, and outside officials to the company.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, volume, and net present value.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Product and machinery specifications
- Computer data entry
- Quality standards — (e.g. ISO 9001/2000 and EMS 14001)
- Employee is regularly required to walk and talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The performance of the Safety Manager will be measured as follows:
Operating standards – The employee will need to meet or exceed the Operating Standards set in the areas of quality, cost, safety, planning, customer satisfactions, supervision, efficiency, and productivity. Such standards will be set annually and communicated to the manager.
Personal growth – Each year there will be professional goals developed and agreed to by the manager and supervisor.
Employee relations – The employee will be evaluated regarding his/her behaviors associated with appropriate human interaction, respect, and communication.
Creativity – This will be evaluated by how active the employee is in participating in advancing the business through new and innovative ideas.