Job Title:EHS Manager
Location: Windsor, Colorado - USA
Please email cover letter and resume to: robe[email protected] In the subject line please put: EHS Manager
Facility Environmental, Health and Safety Manager based in a pet treat production facility and reports to the respective Area Health & Safety Manager. A Facility EH&S Manager provides Environmental, Safety and Health Leadership and support to their assigned plant.
- Support the implementation and ensure full compliance with environmental, health and safety regulations/standards, promote health and safety culture across all colleagues. Provides support to the locations in meeting its goals for environmental, health and safety as it relates to process and colleagues. Work closely with Plant Management to provide consistent leadership, guidance and mentoring along with training.
- Identifies and keeps track of environmental, health and safety regulatory requirements, other compliance obligations and best practices and advises location manager and Area Managers on status. Support the development and the implementation of environmental, health and safety related programs and ensure location meets goals for continuous improvement as agreed with management.
- Assess and manage safety and health impacts and risks of the normal operations, changes and realistically possible emergency scenarios
- Prepare, develop, promote and continually improve the site health and safety and environmental management systems (e.g. policies, procedures, processes) in line with regulatory requirements and identified risks
- Collaborate with regulatory agencies
- Identify training needs associated with safety aspects and provide training accordingly
- Monitor, evaluate and report health and safety performance and results related to operations, management systems and goals and suggest corrective/preventive actions to further improve the system
- Control (outsourced) activities, e.g. risk assessments, exposure studies and case management
- Facilitate Incident investigations, risk assessments and problem solving efforts
- Organize, coordinate/conduct and report internal and external audits and assessments
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Preferred 3-5 year’s work experience in a dedicated health and safety position or a degree in Safety.
- Shown leadership skills demonstrated by resume and/or experience
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including public presentation ability
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft office and the ability to quickly learn and utilize other standardized systems and software
- Proven ability to work effectively and enthusiastically on a team
- Proven ability to recognize hazards, assess risk and recommend controls
- Minimal travel will be required, sometimes reactionary on short notice
The position requires the ability to work in a variety of environments: office environment and varying indoor and outdoor environments to include extreme heat and cold.
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K, health, life and dental insurance.
PetDine requires the successful completion of applicable background check.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 – $95,000.00 per year
Employee assistance program
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
Windsor, CO 80550: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
EHS: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: In person