Job Title:Safety Manager
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Who we are…
Nordstrom is a specialty retailer offering the very best in fashion and customer service since 1901. We live by five simple values that guide how we work together day-to-day and how we deliver analytics & data science products. We are customer-obsessed, owners at heart, curious and ever-changing, we extend ourselves to our peers and our customers, and we’re here to win!
Our Distribution Centers play a critical role in helping us maintain our reputation as a fashion and service leader and our centers serve as hubs from which the latest, most sought after merchandise is sent directly to our stores – and to our customers. When you join our team, you are welcomed into a team dedicated to supporting our salespeople, our stores and our customers.
This Safety Manager will be responsible for leading the implementation of strategic safety processes and is responsible for building safety and prevention.
A day in the life…
- Evaluate and investigate incident and accident trends
- Work with Engineering/Facilities teams in advance of new equipment and processes
- Oversee the development and implementation of strategies, policies and procedures for the Safety Program to ensure a safe and healthful building.
- Inspect building on a regular basis to identify potential safety and health hazards including conducting safety audits of the facility
- Monitor and ensure compliance with all state/federal safety and fire laws.
- Ensure the correct safety equipment and signage is on site, the necessary training is complete, and equipment is used properly throughout the building
You own this if you have…
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7-10 years experience in Safety or Occupational Safety and Health (required)
- ASP certification or higher preferred
- Experience working effectively as a team member by attentively listening to and sharing information with others to facilitate a cooperative work environment, specifically leading a team for safety in a warehouse environment
- Strong organization, time management, and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Competency in the basic use and application of safety instruments
- The ability to work with little direction and resourceful with good problem-solving skills
Apply here: https://nordstrom.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/nordstrom_careers/details/Safety-Manager—Cedar-Rapids–IA-_R-503866?q=safety+manager