Job Title: Director, Safety & Security
Company: Meow Wolf - Houston LLC
Location: Houston, Texas - USA
Apply online by clicking here.
We are individuals who inspire creativity in people’s lives through art and exploration, so that our combined imaginations can transform the world we live in. We create immersive and interactive experiences that transport audiences into fantastic realms of story and exploration. Our Vision is to be the world’s leading creative company, reimagining the paradigm of art and storytelling, to make a positive difference in the world.
We share a strong commitment to Belonging through our values of:
- Collaborative Creativity: We believe the act of creating together amplifies possibilities.
- Provocative Playfulness: We celebrate the unexpected because it is the doorway to discovery.
- Outsiders Welcome: We are all outsiders at heart, and we create space for everyone to feel like they belong.
- Authentic Compassion: We are “kind punks” – supportive to each other and standing up for what we believe in.
- Audacious Courage: We have the courage to radically reinvent ourselves to push the boundaries of art.
If this all sounds like YOU, read on….
Location: Houston, TX
Responsible for all safety and security operations of the Meow Wolf site, which includes the effective and successful management of labor, productivity, quality control and safety and security measures as established and set by Meow Wolf, INC the Operations Division. Additionally this role will follow the guidance of and implement protocols and procedures that are put in place by MW INC. Ultimately responsible for maintaining the programs that keep employees and visitors safe and ensuring Meow Wolf’s physical assets are protected. Must work seamlessly with all departments to ensure delivery of the highest level of guest satisfaction and employee workplace safety.
- Direct multiple projects simultaneously, managing all elements including budgetary restraints, safety & security measures, and training in addition to providing support for operational pieces with associated departments.
- Analyze, develop and implement all safety procedures and protocols.
- Construction site safety oversight during show installation phase, enforcing Meow Wolf Inc written safety program, conducting site safety & security audits, conducting site safety orientations and issuing hard hat stickers.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA mandates and effective communication/implementation of such standards.
- Partner with Human Resources to investigate and resolve workers compensation incidents.
- Defines and implements PPE requirements for each job function; assigns PPE and maintains inventory of consumables
- Ensure accidents, incidents, and near misses are reported in a timely manner.
- Analyze injury reports, collecting data and surveillance footage where applicable to identify potential safety and security improvements.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable local and federal laws.
- Conduct frequent and routine facility inspections and document them for review.
- Take appropriate action to resolve potential issues, improve overall safety of the facility, and enhance relationships with regulatory organizations.
- Conduct periodic Safety Meetings with frontline staff, senior leadership and everyone in between.
- Serve as a company representative for areas on regulatory issues alongside Director, Exhibitions/Facilities.
- Enhance and create operational procedures, systems, and principles. Effectively communicate this information to management team members and guests. This includes oversight of all ancillary areas within the exhibition and the role including, but not limited to hiring, training, exhibition, exterior locations, backstage areas, cash procedures, emergency protocols and practices, and other aspects as required for daily operation.
- Develop and conduct training sessions as needed.
- Make our culture of safety & security a fun and engaging process that includes all employees
- Minimum 10 years management in safety/security environment, preferably in Houston or a similar metro area.
- Guest facing experience
- Show/Event/Project Scheduling
- Team Management and Development
- Budget Development/Adherence
- Must remain visibly calm in stressful situations
- Policy, Procedure, Protocol Development and Enforcement
- Strong Verbal, Written, and Tactile Communication
- Understanding of all site management best practices and relevant laws
- Proficiency in English
- Customer service drive with outstanding communication and active listening skills
- Excellent problem-solving and multitasking skills
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Strong sense of responsibility and a professional presentation
- Current OSHA 30 Construction Certification
- Bi-lingual: The ideal candidate should be fluent in English and Spanish to effectively communicate with our diverse clientele
- Project Management
- Contract Negotiation
- Embrace and be an example of the Meow Wolf Culture
- Ability to adapt Meow Wolf knowledge to any situation
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Possesses train the trainer certifications in life safety subject matters
- Adaptable to change
- Be enthusiastic about work and creating a guest experience
- Be observant
- Demonstrate flexibility with a receptiveness to change
- Willing to work outside comfort zone to assist guests or fellow team members
- Maintain professional courtesy and behavior at all times
- Certified Occupational Safety Specialist (COSS).
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP).
- Physical Security Professional (PSP).
- Certified Protection Professional (CPP).
- First Aid, CPR, AED certified.
- TABC certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Safety management, Security/Protection Management, or similar fields.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: This job operates in a construction and professional office environment where standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and scanners are routinely operated.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand on feet for 8-hours a day.; move through construction space, office space; operate or use, or hold objects. The employee must regularly transport and / or move up to 50 pounds.
The employee will comply with company and OSHA standard workplace safety protocols.
Work Schedule: This is a full-time position with a flexible schedule which includes weekdays, weekends, evenings, and holidays. Schedules are based on business demands.
Supervisor Responsibilities: This position does require supervisory responsibility
Travel is not required for this position, but may be directed as needed
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IMPACT: Meow Wolf is committed to our DIY roots and grassroots community support principles. To document that commitment, we converted our legal designation into a Delaware Public Benefit Corporation and have certified as a B Corporation. As a B Corp, we have a triple bottom line of supporting financial, social and environmental wellbeing in our community.
INCLUSION: Meow Wolf is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to ensuring all employees enjoy and thrive in a work environment where differences make us the vibrant, wonderful community we are! All employment decisions at Meow Wolf are based on business need, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, veteran status, service in the military or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
The choices we make concerning our benefits during enrollment periods are among the most important we select for ourselves and our families. As part of the total compensation package for full-time employees, Meow Wolf offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes various options to meet individual healthcare and financial needs along with many perks.
- Medical Insurance options: PPO & HSA
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Company Paid Life Insurance Policy & Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Voluntary Short-term Disability & Critical Illness Policies
- Company Paid Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Leave for 12 weeks
- Discount off Meow Wolf Gift Shop Merch
- Admission to Meow Wolf attractions for employees and guests
Please visit www.meowwolf.com/careers for more information.