Job Title:Process Safety Engineer, Polymers
Location: West Chicago, Illinois- USA
MAPEI is a chemical manufacturing facility where we produce mortals, grout, concrete admixtures, etc. We are looking for an experienced PSM engineer who is experienced in all 14 OSHA elements in order to review, revise, and suggest continuous improvement projects.
- Serves as the location’s subject matter expert and ensures compliance of PSM, safety manufacturing processes, as it relates to polymer production systems.
- Coordinate activities, as required with internal groups including: Maintenance, Operations, Engineering, EHS, Purchasing, Shipping & Receiving etc.
- Interact with production personnel to define and solve process safety/design issues as well as performing training on safety aspects when needed or required
- Provide Process Safety Review for MOC program.
- Ensures Process Safety incidents are adequately addressed and investigated and follow up any corrective action.
Please note this position is based in the city of West Chicago, close to Geneva/Aurora area.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Chemical, Mechanical, or Environmental Engineering.
- Specific education or training in Process Safety Management, Regulatory Management is a plus.
- Strong chemical and process background which enables the person to lead, develop, and review the technical and regulatory requirements for the plant.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an industrial setting within the chemical industry is required with an emphasis on Process Safety.
- Practice of Process Hazard Analysis.
- Familiarity with batch and continuous processing is a plus.
- Strong aptitude in interpretation and implementing existing and new regulations
- Good understanding of compliance requirements and governmental audit processes
- Good understanding of HSE Management Systems designed to promote continuous improvement in process safety, and HSE in general
- Good understanding of internal and external audit procedures and incident investigation techniques
- Organized and reliable, produces rigorous work
- Ability to produce results on own and through others
- Autonomous & takes easy initiatives
- Collaborative & open-minded
- Solutions & achievement driven
- Able to adapt his/her communication to different levels; not afraid to bring bad news
- Ability to work in complex and changing environments