Job Title:Safety EHS Manager
Location: Louisville, KY - USA
Apply online by clicking here.
This position will act as a Safety Professional for Kentucky Trailer Manufacturing Division and Environmental Manager for all locations. Develop a safety and environmental culture throughout the organization supporting Kentucky Trailer’s Safety First and Always Philosophy, and ultimately driving the organization towards a zero-incident environment. Perform routine safety audits, daily on-floor interaction and observations of production process, incident investigation, risk identification, and risk reduction projects, enter worker’s compensation claims and help case manage injuries and claims and other daily and periodic safety responsibilities. Lead, develop and maintain the organization’s Environmental Programs, Permits and EPA requirements for all Kentucky Trailer locations. Estimated time allocation will be equal environmental and safety support. Prepares and facilitates the environmental and safety training/education programs. Implement and lead safety meetings and acts as a resource for the group. Conducts periodic on-site facility environmental audits to check for compliance with EPA regulations and other local environmental regulations. Develops and implements environmental and safety processes into the manufacturing operations. Bachelor’s degree with 3 years of related experience preferred.
Salary: From $90,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Position Key Accountabilities:
- Supporting/Encouraging our journey towards a Safety Culture of SAFETY FIRST & Always and that there isn’t a close second in terms of priorities;
- Ensure compliance to OSHA & EPA regulations
- Conduct First Report of Injury Investigation for Worker Compensation and manage claims.
- Assist with the development and education of all associates on the appropriate safety procedures, policies, and programs.
- Primary contact person for injured/treatment of employees.
- Review and manage work restrictions with injured employee and supervisors to ensure that restrictions are being followed and all scheduled appointments are met.
- Implement risk reduction initiatives and programs to minimize/eliminate worker injuries.
- Utilize safety data software to track injuries, near misses, safety audits, and corrective actions
- Assist with maintaining and management of the safety budget for the facility.
- Manage and distribute PPE in accordance with Company policies.
- Oversee the security program for the facility.
- Assist with departments in developing safe work procedures to ensure proper training of employees.
- Lead and mentor the safety committee to improve the overall safety culture of the facility.
- Receive/resolve employee safety issues that are reported.
- Conduct New Employee Safety Orientation.
- Educate/Promote & track our Near Miss Program and Behavior-Based Safety Program
- To the best extent possible, maintain a physical presence in the facility during work hours, or arrange for coverage by another safety professional or first aid resource.
- Implement and Manage Permits and Reporting Requirements
- Title V Air Permit
- Storm Water
- Water Discharge Permits to Municipal Treatment Facilities
- Hazardous Waste (Large Quantity Generator Locations)
- SARA Reporting
- Form R
- Evaluate current waste streams, energy usage and water consumption to develop plans to reduce the company’s environmental footprint
- Develop and educate all associates on the appropriate environmental and safety procedures and policies at your location
- Implement injury preventions programs to reduce work related injuries at your facility
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Environmental Engineering or a related field
- Minimum of 3 years of safety and environmental experience required
- ASP, CSP or REM preferred
- OSHA 10 hour or OSHA 30-hour training certification preferred
- Understanding and knowledge of manufacturing and associated safety regulations and programs a plus: Welding, Flammable Materials, Painting, Overhead Crane Operation, Mobile Equipment Operation, Metal Fabrication, Fall Protection and Respiratory Protection.
- Current First Aid/CPR training preferred
- Strong oral and written skills. Must be comfortable speaking in front of large groups of people.
- Strong understanding of MS office suite to include Word, Excel and Power Point
Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening.