Job Title:Safety Manager
Location: Los Angeles, California - USA
Please submit application through our website and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you!
We are setting the industry standard to influence and inspire through our innovative methods. We merge together cannabis culture with cutting-edge technology to deliver the best possible customer and employee experience(s).
The company operates a fully integrated cannabis business with a footprint that covers the entire breadth of the state of California; the world’s largest cannabis market. We control our supply chain from cultivation to retail, which enables us to deliver clean and tested cannabis products at unmatched prices.
Our mission is to provide the one-stop-shop cannabis experience by offering exceptional customer experience service and diversified products. We strive to build long-term customer loyalty.
Reporting to the Vice President, Security & Safety, the Safety Manager will manage, maintain, and establish safety programs by monitoring and evaluating health and safety conditions, ensuring compliance with policies, procedures, and governmental agencies standards.
- Develops and implements safety programs that are meant to prevent injuries, fires, or other workplace accidents.
- Schedules and oversees workplace inspections that identify and address potential safety hazards. Develops, delivers, and tracks participation in safety training programs educating employees on safe working practices, appropriate equipment operation, and emergency procedures.
- Investigates incidents or accidents, gathers and analyzes statistics, and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Prepares and submits accident reports in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Provides effective training for all safety programs including but not limited to IIPP, emergency action plan, hazard communication, personal protective equipment, respiratory, heat stress, fire safety, repetitive motions and walking and working surfaces.
- Monitors the removal of biological, physical, or chemical hazards from a workplace.
- Investigates accidents/incidents and conduct root cause analysis. Recommends and/or implements control system to mitigate reoccurrence.
- Communicates investigation reports findings and coordinates corrective actions with the locations management team.
- Educates, motivates, and trains the management team and employees on company safety practices and standards.
- Creates and reviews SOPS and work instructions related to safety.
- Performs job hazard analysis and implements measures to reduce or eliminate hazards.
- Performs safety inspections, prepares written reports of findings and recommendations for corrective or preventive measures were indicated and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Reviews and updates procedures, as necessary, to reflect current operations and to upkeep with regulatory compliance.
- Develops and implements audit programs to review and ensure compliance with safety standards.
- Coordinates the reporting to regulatory Local, State, and Federal Agencies
- Willing to travel to company locations for auditing or training purposes
- Seeks out opportunities for team involvement and innovation to promote employee creativity, and to generate ideas to improve functions, devise solutions, and implement plans
- Knowledge of volatile solvents and hazardous materials highly desirable
- Manage OSHA requirements including OSHA 300 logs
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED required; bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in occupational health and safety roles with increasing responsibilities or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Prior experience in manufacturing and/or warehouse, distribution, or production environments is highly desired
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds or more at times
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities
- Must be able to stand, sit for prolonged periods of time, bend, kneel, squat, and twist
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.