Job Title:Hydrogen Safety Specialist
Location: United States
|Job Summary and Description:
Leads research efforts in particular scientific disciplines or technologies and participates the development and application of products and services in those areas through contractors and departmental or cross-functional teams. Applies technical expertise, and has full knowledge of other related disciplines. Develops technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity. Organizes the external and interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget. May conduct research directly in complex, high impact technical or scientific fields.• Ability to apply technical knowledge to industry issues and gain input on needs from members/stakeholders and identify current and emerging technical issues.
• Develops research or services opportunities of value to EPRI members that fit EPRI’s mission and capabilities. This will include solving customer problems, producing insights and information vital to the members, and delivering information in a manner that members and customers can and will apply.
• May provide oversight of a project team to assure technical and financial milestones are met.
• Provides assistance to the EPRI sales staff in Member Services and EPRI International.
• Broaden technical expertise and interface with national and international technical networks with manufacturers, consultants, and academia and research organizations.
• Communicates strategies and results, written and verbal, to program members, potential members and external stakeholders through guidelines, reports, meetings, webcasts, workshops and conferences.
• Manages small or medium (less complex) projects including budgets and resources
Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field or equivalent experience required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• 5 -7 or more years of research and development project and promotional experience, including development of advanced concepts for internal research or equivalent experience.
• Shows technical expertise and assumes responsibility for highly specialized technical objectives using creative imaginative solutions.
• Experience in performing and/or managing research activities.
• Incumbents must be able to exercise judgment, diligence, and attention to detail and demonstrate an aptitude for carrying out responsible technical assignments.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Manages projects and may work in conjunction with a technical specialist.
• Developing technical depth in 1-2 areas
• Understand how work fits across EPRI programs
• Typically individual contributor, may begin handling supervisory activities for lower level positions.
Additional Job Information:
The successful applicant will be comfortable and skilled in a research setting and will have experience with project management. The position will have increasing responsibility for contributing to the development of research plans and proposals, managing research projects, and communicating research results to EPRI members and external stakeholders.
The job responsibilities include:
Perform and/or participate in safety and risk evaluations of hydrogen technologies and facilities.
Can apply knowledge about current engineering and hydrogen systems to future configurations
Note: To ensure compliance with U.S. export controls, please indicate your U.S. citizenship or (for foreign citizens) your U.S. visa/immigration status in your resume or cover letter.
EPRI is an equal opportunity employer. EEO/AA/M/F/VETS/Disabled
Together . . . Shaping the Future of Energy.