Job Title:Health & Safety Sr. Technical Leader
Company:Electric Power Research Institute
Location: Charlotte, NC / Palo Alto, CA / Washington D.C. / Knoxville, TN / Remote
Details: Occupational health and safety specialist to apply his or her in-depth knowledge to a variety of electric industry workforce topics, from generation to transmission, distribution, and end use. The successful applicant will possess excellent research and analytical skills, have experience with project management, and be a skilled communicator. The position will have increasing responsibility for contributing to the development of research plans and proposals, managing research projects, and communicating research results to EPRI members and external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will:
- Participate in industrial hygiene and occupational safety projects.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on OHS issues relevant to the utility industry.
- Work across EPRI research areas on OHS-related topics.
- Manage simple to more complex projects, including budgets, contractors, deliverable development, and schedule.
- Lead and support development of issue briefs and other communications on relevant topics.
- Work directly with EPRI staff and be comfortable interacting with EPRI members and other stakeholders.
- Assist Project/Program Managers in assessing customer needs, formulating technical approaches, preparing proposals and technical publications/papers, and making presentations.
- Publish technical papers in areas of expertise.
- Assist program manager in preparing for, and conducting, formal and informal member advisory committee and working group meetings.
- Organize and host regular thought leadership webcasts.
- Additional Location: Remote Home Office
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or technical field plus 8-10 years of work experience
- OR Master’s degree in Occupational Health, Environmental Health, Safety Management, or closely related field, plus a minimum of 5 years work experience
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or Certified Safety Professional (CSP) strongly preferred.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience with occupational health and safety management, reporting, and policy, and experience with front-line workers within the electric and/or gas utility industry or organizations directly supporting these industries.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Have demonstrated quantitative skills in data analysis; hands-on experience with SAS and/or R a plus
- Be a self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision
- Be adept at working well with others in a cross-functional setting
Contact Info: If interested, please apply through the following link: https://vhr-epri.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/epricareers/job/Palo-Alto-CA/Senior-Technical-Leader–Health-and-Safety_REQ-1353