Job Title:Field Safety Officer
Company:GrayMar Environmental Services, Inc.
Location: Washington State
We are looking to employ a qualified and competent safety officer who will be primarily responsible for the health and safety of field operation staff in our Pacific NW offices and work areas. The FSO (Field Safety Officer) will perform moderately complex (journey-level) safety and health program work including developing temporary client-required jobsite HASPs/Hazwoper work plans, inspecting-evaluating-assessing work areas and tasks for hazards mitigation and control, and investigating and analyzing accidents. May provide safety guidance to others. Works under general supervision of the Director of Health & Safety, with latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment as needed to protect GrayMar.
To ensure success as an FSO, you must stay updated with the best practices in health and safety, and consistently implement these practices in the workplace and field operations; maintain compliance with all client-required safety regulations and ensure that every member of staff complies with the federal and state regulated standards.
– Develops HASPs / HAZWOPER work plans for different projects in the format requested by GrayMar clients.
– Conducts surveys, audits, and inspections to ensure a safe environment and compliance with safety rules and standards.
– Conducts JSA’s, JHA’s, RA’s (Risk Assessments), identifies problems, and recommends corrective action.
– Recommends procedures to ensure that employees are held accountable for their safety responsibilities.
– Recommends the type of protective equipment to be used and conducts utilization spot checks.
– Implements safety education training, safety awareness, and hazard recognition as needed for operations.
– Interprets safety rules, regulations, and standards and shares understanding of those interpretations.
– Maintains a local log of any accidents and injuries, prepares and reviews accident reports, and determines causes and costs for management review.
– Assists in investigating accidents and completing reports.
– Will review current plans to ensure that the finished product complies with safety standards for the work being performed.
– Will provide guidance and training to others.
Education and Experience:
Minimum 4 years direct experience in occupational safety and health program work.
(Preferred: HAZWOPER/HAZMAT related)
– OTI coursework in safety, health, management; minimum OSHA 30hr, OSHA 510, or OSHA 511 either industry with additional safety CEUs/Proofs showing consistency in learning and qualifications.
(Preferred: College or University degree, OSHA 500, or OSHA 501)
REGISTRATION, CERTIFICATION, OR LICENSURE
HAZWOPER (Prefer the 40HR or OSHA Trainer certification)
Member of a safety organization i.e. ASSP, NSC, RED CROSS, etc.
FIRST AID – CPR current (Prefer Trainer/Skills Tester certification)
Other EHS-related certification or license
Please email resume to:
Colleen Green/HR Director
GrayMar Environmental Services, Inc.