Job Title:Environmental Health and Safety Manager
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Applicants – Apply to Job Code: EHS-COM
To support and advise Everytable, PBC on all aspects with regards to Health and Safety. To design, manage, lead and monitor standards, processes, communications, training, and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Health and Safety within the facility are adhered to. Implementation of a prevention-focused Environmental and security programs. To including crisis preparedness objectives.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules, and regulations are regularly reviewed, designed, updated and communicated.
- Inspect or evaluate workplace environments, equipment, or practices to confirm compliance with safety standards and government regulations.
- Partner with Claims Manager and Operations to ensure that all near miss and incidents are documented, investigated and preventative measures have been implemented.
- Communicate and coach commissary and corporate support office teams regarding health and safety related items.
- Keep up to date with relevant Federal and State OSHA legislation and communicate relevant changes.
- Maintains accident records, according to OSHA guidelines (OSHA 300/300A/301 Forms).
- Serve as main point of contact for any Federal or State OSHA related matters.
- Be a proactive lead the Safety Committee
- Develop or maintain hygiene programs, such as noise surveys, continuous atmosphere monitoring, ventilation surveys, etc.
- Provide regular reports to the Senior Leadership Teams relevant to health and safety activities.
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to the Senior Leadership Teams.
- Investigate incidents, maintain and evaluate incident and loss records, and prepare emergency response plans, while maintaining a partnership with other relevant department leaders.
- Ongoing maintenance and update of Health and Safety related materials on internal portals, to include maintaining the IIPP.
- Monitors the safety system and submits appropriate reports to management on a timely basis.
- Responsible for communication with agencies and successfully passing internal and external audits.
- Make worksite assessments to determine risks, assess potential hazards and controls, evaluate risks and hazard control measures
- Coordinate and Conduct routine safety observations of facilities; ensure equipment and infrastructure are in compliance with standards and regulations. Document results recommend corrective action, and follow-up until deficiencies are corrected.
- Maintains current knowledge of existing safety and health regulations
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- 3-5 years’ experience in occupational safety or risk management required.
- Strong California OSHA experience required.
- Background in restaurant, manufacturing, or hospitality industry preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in safety engineering, industrial engineering, occupational safety and health, or other closely related field preferred
- Ability to build, maintain, and strengthen cross functional relationships at all levels.
- Demonstrated success in customer service and relationship management.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects from conception through implementation as well as day to day matters.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently as individual contributor as well as collaboratively as a team member.
- Proven ability to convert data and information to strategy and to implement best practices and process improvements.
- Technical expertise in Health & Safety rules and regulations
- Capable of working independently in the field; ability to work autonomously/independently, yet be an integral part of an overall team environment
- Ability to communicate and interact professionally with all levels of management
- Ability to analyze and independently solve a variety of difficult situations and problems.
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Looking for a great work environment that offers growth opportunity- then we’re the company for you!
Everytable, PBC is a mission-driven food company that fights for food justice by making fresh, nutritious food accessible to everyone, everywhere. Our multi-channel business includes grab and go stores, SmartFridges, and a weekly subscription service, all powered by a central kitchen that produces meals starting at $5. In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, Everytable has emerged as a leading first responder for food across Los Angeles. In partnership with city and county government agencies and non-profit organizations, Everytable has established an effort that will deliver more than 3 million meals [and counting] to the most vulnerable populations across Los Angeles: homebound seniors, homeless residents now housed in hotels, community college students, etc. While we grow exponentially across greater Los Angeles, we are laying the foundation for national expansion.