Job Title: Associate Director, In Person OSHA Safety Training
Company: Contract Services Administration Trust Fund
Location: Burbank, California - USA
Contact: [email protected]
Associate Director, In Person OSHA Safety Training – Motion Picture/TV Industry
Contract Services Administration Trust Fund (Contract Services) is seeking a highly skilled Associate Director who will be responsible for overseeing the in-person (and on-site/webinar) training portion of our Motion Picture and Television Industry Safety Pass training program.
The Associate Director will implement or revise training methods based on approved learning objectives, while ensuring accuracy to regulatory standards (i.e., California and/or Federal OSHA), consistency to Industry practices, and alignment with Industry stakeholders.
They will perform continuous review of the Safety Pass training program, ensuring the highest standard of quality, accuracy, and consistency. While managing the team of Instructors who teach our in-person training, and their supervisor, this person will also design, implement, and manage internal learning and development programs for those employees.
- Ensures teaching methods used by our instructors are up to date with regulatory standards and Motion Picture and Television Industry practices. Works with the Curriculum Development Department (CDD), Studio Safety Representatives, and Industry union partners to ensure that training methods are current, accurate, and effective.
- Meets regularly with Studio Executives and Subject Matter Experts or vendors to review new Industry work practices that may affect current and future training methods.
- Reviews existing, or creates new, internal learning and development plans for our instructors, based on company and individual needs.
- Ensures Instructors meet training milestones. Continuously makes enhancements and modifications to improve accuracy, engagement, learning, and retention and/or to meet the changing needs of the organization and the industry.
- Approves Instructors to teach after ensuring they are appropriately prepared and completed the designated training plan.
- Attends on-site and webinar training sessions to evaluate instructors for training consistency and quality. Provides continuous feedback and coaches Instructors on their delivery with a goal of continuous improvement and growth.
- Facilitates, and in some circumstances, conducts internal learning and development training sessions for Instructors related to internal workflows or content. This may be done by either developing the training materials internally or by selecting an external vendor to perform the training.
- Prepares and implements the department’s annual Safety Pass budget.
- Works with department supervisor to conduct and deliver performance feedback.
- Maintains project confidentiality, when appropriate.
- Oversees and assists with various projects as requested by Executive staff
- Expert knowledge of OSHA (Cal and Fed) regulations and their related training requirements.
- Knowledge of ANSI aerial lift and fall protection standards, NFPA 10, and other standards preferred.
- Ability to effectively manage employees engaged in teaching curriculum that requires a high level of efficiency and accuracy.
- Ability to manage processes with employees working remotely and on-site at our Burbank facility.
- Exceptional leader with strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal skills, problem solving and analytical skills.
- A deductive thinker that thrives by leading and thinking in the ‘big picture’ but will also act as an individual contributor depending on what the situation requires.
- Effective organization and time management skills, understands the importance of details and can manage multiple projects with ease.
- A caring leader who focuses on relationship-building, is authentic, self-aware, fully present, and is a role-model to their team.
- Must be able to work weekends on occasion.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
This position is based on-site at our facility in Burbank, California with the flexibility to work from home on occasion. Some travel may be necessary. This position will require working outdoors around heavy equipment where the noise level may be elevated at times.
- 10+ years’ experience of professional leadership in a supervisory role or equivalent.
- 10+ years’ experience in training on safety and compliance pertaining to OSHA regulations.
- Experience in Adult Learning and/or creating Training Plans for Instructors.
Motion Picture and Television Industry experience highly preferred.