Job Title: Employee Health & Safety Lead– Manufacturing
Location: Hunt Valley, Maryland - USA
Apply online by clicking here.
Administer and implement Safety programs and procedures as directed to resolve a variety of issues. Provide support to BD Baltimore personnel to maintain compliance with facility/corporate EHS policies, agency regulations and best management practices. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations and data is required to achieve satisfactory solutions.
With minimal direction, this individual will lead the transformation of the safety culture at the Hunt Valley facility, add new skills are required and serve as the manufacturing site safety subject matter expert.
Safety site specialist required to implement EHS programs and drive safety mindset change of the plant.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the implementation of our manufacturing site Behavior Based Safety Program.
- Design, develop, implement and oversees the organization’s environmental health and safety programs and procedures to safeguard employees and surrounding communities and to ensure that all facilities are in compliance with regulations.
- Protects the organization’s personnel, property and all items of value on the organization’s premises from any preventable harm or danger.
- Conduct investigations into accidents, work-related injuries and illnesses and develop mitigation strategies to prevent reoccurrence.
- Coordinate tracking of cases by maintaining OSHA 300 Logs and corporate incident reporting system.
- Implement a proactive EH&S educational program focusing on leadership accountability and associate education and training.
- Lead discussions and documents pertinent EH&S topics at staff meetings, participates as a standing member of all department safety committees and start up meetings and develops monthly topics and agendas for the SECP Champion meetings.
- Perform Job Safety Analysis on processes to identify hazards and recommend corrective actions to reduce or eliminate the risk of injury.
- Leads the development, review, and update of programs, SOPs and Work instructions.
- Assist with maintaining all chemical inventory and SDS files for the facility and coordinate annual updates of chemical inventory with department SECP Champions.
- Provide guidance, training and technical support to operational leaders, associates, maintenance, engineering, and other functions as necessary.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.
Education and Experience
- BS/BA in safety or a related discipline preferred, minimum associate degree.
- 5 years in a role with responsibilities that included employee health and safety.
- Experience working with behavior-based safety programs in a laboratory, research or manufacturing environment preferred.
- Familiar with OSHA, MOSH, EPA, and ANSI regulations or have increasing levels of experience with ergonomics and wellness programs.
- Demonstrated ability to organize work and establish priorities.
- Effective customer service skills and the ability to manage multiple task and time pressures.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to follow established policies and procedures.
- Effective analytical problem-solving skills.
- Must be proficient working with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email and internet.