Job Title: Safety Specialist
Company: B.G. Brecke, Inc.
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa - USA
Promoting safety in the workplace is a crucial aspect of ensuring the well-being of employees and preventing accidents.
B.G. Brecke, Inc. is seeking a detail-oriented, organized Safety Specialist to join our team. The Safety Specialist will be instrumental in helping the Management and Project Teams to improve and maintain a culture that prioritizes a workplace that is free of incidents and injuries, while ensuring that we meet federal, state, and OSHA requirements and identifying process improvements that will enhance and expand our safety culture and understanding among all levels of our business. The Safety Specialist must have an encouraging and proactive approach to foster our “Safety Always” mindset. The Safety Specialist will have a focus on employee and jobsites safety and ensure all employees are trained in ways to work safely.
- Promotes safety through direct interaction with employees.
- Understand and apply policies, regulations, and customer requirements to everyday situations.
- Evaluate safe behaviors, working conditions, and training needed at a variety of work sites.
- Perform site safety audits/inspections.
- Properly administering Drug Testing/Screening Policy.
- Provide quick meaningful safety reminders via Toolbox Talks with all employees.
- Assists in response, investigation and correction related to accidents, injuries and near-misses.
- Work closely with the Safety Director to maintain proper inventory of all safety supplies and PPE.
- Aid in prompt processing of insurance claims, managing the LMS, and evaluating safety policies.
- Work closely with teams to assign, schedule, and facilitate safety training.
- Other duties as assigned.
This is NOT a remote position and requires you to be on site Monday-Friday 7:00am-3:30pm with the opportunity for some flexibility.
Pay range is $55,000.00-$75,000.00 depending on education and experience.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION, EXPERINCE, LICENSE AND BACKGROUND:
- Associate degree in safety related field required and,
- Three years related Occupational Safety in construction required or,
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted.
- Experience with unions, multiple trades, and insurance preferred.
- CPR and First Aid Certified.
- OSHA 30 required.
- CHST certification preferred.
- Drug Screen
- Criminal History Check and Motor Vehicle Report (MVR)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Tools of the trade
- Excellent organizational skills, time management, with the ability to self-motivate.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and/or independently.
- Knowledge of Generally Safety Principles, practices, and procedures.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIERMENTS
- Ability to be flexible, learn new tasks, use problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite ability to learn in-house programs, generate, organize, and analyze safety data.
- Light to moderate work that requires regular lifting of 20 pounds, occasionally up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work indoors, outdoors in the elements and travel between worksites.