Job Title:Health, Safety, Security & Environment Specialist
Company:A.G. Layne, Inc.
Location: Los Angeles, California - USA
Interested persons should complete the application and or submit their resumes for consideration to:
Health, Safety, Security & Environment Specialist
A.G, Layne is a chemical manufacturer and distributor with operations in Los Angeles California and Phoenix Arizona. We provide chemicals and related products to a variety of industrial operations in the western United States, including aerospace, paint and coatings, graphic arts chemistry and many others. This position will be integral to our organization’s safety programs, environmental compliance and quality management system.
This role requires specific industry/business expertise in the chemical industry to handle our environmental reporting requirements with various federal, state and other regulatory bodies, and is focused on the successful execution of related programs within the company’s discipline and industry best practices to include:
- Oversight of hazardous waste accumulation and disposal.
- Manage compliance training within Fed-OSHA and Cal-OSHA guidelines and create, modify and manage company policies and procedures.
- Provide effective training for all safety programs including HAZCOM, PPE, IIPP, fire safety, heat stress, among others to personnel.
- Manage a training matrix and records associated with training and certifications.
- Lead a safety committee and report on findings and remedies, documents trends.
- Conduct incident investigations and root cause analysis and report to management on findings and corrective action if required.
- Conduct routine safety audits consistent with standard operating procedures and policy, document and file results.
- Serves as a point of contact and resource to staff on health, safety and environmental issues.
- Prepares safety data sheets in accordance with the GHS, prepares and reviews labels to ensure compliance with required regulations.
- Maintains safety data sheets and updates, when necessary, the current version and distribution.
- Preparation of reports to federal, state and local agencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned/required.
Education and experience
- Preferably a bachelor’s degree in safety management, Environmental Sciences and/or Industrial Safety.
- OSHA 30
- Experience with quality management systems (ISO) OSHA and CAL-OSHA, and EPA regulations related to the chemical industry.
- Minimum 5 years in an equal or similar role, successfully managing the responsibilities as shown.
- Strong written and verbal skills, ability to competently work within a computerized environment, Word, Excel, Power point.
- Strong critical thinking skills, ability to solve problems and promote a culture of safety first.
- Experience with management of change and maintaining documents and records.
- Ability to read, understand and provide interpretation of regulations as they apply to the chemical industry.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
- Ability to work with regulatory inspectors and document inspection results; coordinate remedial action and training if required.
- Ability to walk through our facilities during the day and sit for extended periods performing office work.
Monday – Friday Pay: $85,000 to $92,000/year base salary depending on experience, full benefits, plus bonuses twice per year.